Home » Topics » English riddles » General Subjects » Electrical question no.20 – Battery rating calculation for UPS

Electrical question no.20 – Battery rating calculation for UPS

• این موضوع 1 پاسخ، 1 کاربر را دارد و آخرین بار در 2 سال، 9 ماه پیش بدست Hamid به‌روزرسانی شده است.
  • سازنده
    موضوع

Hi,
      Can some one help with calculation methodology to workout the rating of the Battery for UPS.

To be more specific, I was looking for a 2 KVA UPS to cater 6 PCs for a back-up tme period of 1 hr. I found each & every manufacturer recommending different rating of Battery AH & quantities. Please help me with the calculation to make right judgment.

در حال نمایش 1 پاسخ ( از کل 1)
    • نویسنده
      پاسخ‌ها
      Hamid

Two methods are used to size stationary batteries, constant current and constant power. Constant current is used for applications such as generating stations, substations, and industrial control. Constant-power sizing is used almost exclusively for UPS system applications. Unlike constant-current loads, the current of a constant-power load (e.g., an inverter or dc motor) increases as the battery terminal voltage decreases during a discharge, so that P =E x I remains constant. Load profiles are not normally drawn for constant-power sizing since the load, once applied, remains the same throughout the battery discharge. A more detailed discussion of constant-power sizing is included in IEEE Standard 1184. Electric utility and industrial control-voltage windows generally use the standard cell end voltage but are sometimes limited by the minimum system-voltage limit. UPS applications can offer the largest voltage window, since the inverter input can be designed to accept a wide range of voltage without affecting the inverter

در حال نمایش 1 پاسخ ( از کل 1)
      • شما برای پاسخ به این موضوع باید وارد شوید.