Home » English riddles » Wiring and Cabling » Wiring Riddle No.3 – Auto-transfer switching control diagram » Reply To: Wiring Riddle No.3 – Auto-transfer switching control diagram

Reply To: Wiring Riddle No.3 – Auto-transfer switching control diagram

Alex

Hello all, I want to use this electrical diagram to design some electrical panels. Thank you for this simple and good diagram. I will add also two delay relays to connect the main/ the generator delayed. I have one question, appreciate if you can help me. I will use this ATS to feed 3-phase loads but also 1-phase loads. How can we connect the single phase loads to the neutral and earth? If we connect the loads to both neutrals/N and earth/PE (mains+auxiliar) this means we connect the main N to the auxiliary N and main PE to the auxiliary PE . Is this correct and safe to do? Connecting the main and auxiliary in parallel is not allowed but to connect the N and PE in parallel is allowed? Another idea would be to use 4-pole contactors (to disconnect also the neutral) but unfortunately our approved supplier have only 3-pole contactors.