Home » Topics » English riddles » Transformer » Transformer Question No. 26 – Transformer tap changers in auto/manual

Transformer Question No. 26 – Transformer tap changers in auto/manual

• Creator
    Topic
    Lucas van der Merwe

I got the below of the Internet, what I want to know is the following, will the noise being measured be different in auto than in manual, will the noise also be different if the tap changer is in different settings in manual i.e. 3,5 or 6
      Tap Changers: Designed to adjust for varying input voltages by automatically transferring taps on a power transformer. The main advantage of tap changes over other voltage regulation technology is high efficiency. Other advantages are wide input range, high overload current capability and good noise isolation. Disadvantages are noise created when changing taps and no waveform correction

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Hamid

In on-load tap changing via relevant voltage control system (AVR), generally we front of induced voltage disturbance due to switching of inductance circuit. It is clear, when we don

R K Mohapatra

The noise in AVR is much different from the noise generated by the transformer and they do not add up . The basic characteristics are completely different in both the cases and they will not super impose upon each other .

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.