Home » Topics » English riddles » Switchgear » Switchgear Riddle No.4 – Anti Pumping Relay

Switchgear Riddle No.4 – Anti Pumping Relay

• Creator
    Topic
    Roy

What is purpose of anti pumping relay?
      What is purpose of anti pumping relay?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Hamid

Anti-pumping device is a feature incorporated in a Circuit Breaker or reclosing scheme to prevent repeated operation where the closing impulse lasts longer than the sum of the relay and CB operating times. The function of an anti-pumping device is to prevent the circuit breaker closing and opening several times in quick succession. This might be caused by the application of a closing pulse while the circuit breaker is being tripped via the protection relays. Alternatively, it may occur if the circuit breaker is closed on to a fault and the closing pulse is longer than the sum of protection relay and circuit breaker operating times. Circuit breakers with trip free mechanisms do not require this feature.

Abdul khadar khan

Dear sir I can see K1 relay is connected in series to Closing coil, it means closing coil pick up faster than the K1 realy. I got a doubt that it it is so for the second puls from TNC the same will repeat i.e till the K1 relay pick up and break the circuit closing puls reaches the Y9. and further to this I would like to know if S1 aux contact of CB is used in series whti is the use of anti pumping. hope a early reply Regards AK.Khan Gov. of Dubai

rukmagoud

The purpose of antipumping relay is to prevent repeated closing and opening operations . Once the closing pulse is given. Antipumping relay prevents the closing again until unless the breaker is opened again. hope u understand the purpose of antipumping relay. If any doubt regarding circuit operation. Email me

Hamid

Excuse me for late reply! I was very busy,sorry If the close circuit is energized continuously, the anti-pump relay will be latched in the energized position (after spring charge switch S3 closing). When the anti-pump relay is energized, its normally closed contacts, in series with the closing coil, ensure that the closing coil cannot be energized even if close circuit is completed by CB auxiliary contact S1 after an opening command. The closing coil activates only when the closing circuit is de-energized (de-energizing the anti-pump relay), then closed again.

Alex

Dear Sir I would like to know about the contact 13,14 in the diagram. is it breaker contact or k1 contacts. Is it to prevent continuous closing pulse or to prevent 2nd or 3rd etcclosing pulses

Hamid

The NO contact 13-14 is a normally open contact of K1 contactor. It considers for latching of K1 contactor in close position. The NC contact 21-22 use to prevent closing pulse iteration and the S1 contact of circuit breaker use to prevent continues energizing of circuit breaker closing coil (Y9).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.