Home » Topics » English riddles » Conceptual Questions » Conceptual Question No.13- Phase difference of two non sinusoidal waveform

Conceptual Question No.13- Phase difference of two non sinusoidal waveform

• Creator
    Topic
    Abhishek Kumar

I want to know if we can find the phase difference of two non sinusoidal waveform???????? …
      I want to know if we can find the phase difference of two non sinusoidal waveform???????? This question came in my mind when I was studying 3 phase inverter as we have different waveform for phase and line voltage but we also know that we should have phase difference of 30 for phase and line………..

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Hamid

Each periodic non sinusoidal signal consist many sinusoidal harmonic with different frequency. For example as you know the difference phase angle of main harmonic of line and phase voltage in three phase system is 30 degree because the difference angle of two phases is 120 degree. But the difference phase angle of two phase of third harmonic is zero; therefore all signal contain triplen harmonics, they are eliminated from the line voltages because they are co-phasal, Thus the difference phase angle of line and phase of third harmonic voltage in three phase system cannot be defined. The Fourier series for vA0 and vB0 are given by: Note that the triplen harmonics are removed in vAB although they are present in vA0 and vB0 Generally we can speak about difference phase angle of two same sinusoidal harmonic in line and phase signals.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.