Home » Topics » English riddles » Transformer » Transformer Riddle No.66 – Impedance of a transformer

Transformer Riddle No.66 – Impedance of a transformer

• Creator
    Topic
    Sreelatha

In order to increase the impedance to tertiary winding in a single phase autotransformer tertiary winding is placed on outer limb of a 3 limbed single phase or a 4 limbed single phase configuration….
      In order to increase the impedance to tertiary winding in a single phase autotransformer tertiary winding is placed on outer limb of a 3 limbed single phase or a 4 limbed single phase configuration.

Regulating winding is also placed on outer limb to reduce transfer surges to tapping winding from reliability point of view. This arrangement requires a compensating winding on a main limb feeding the regulating winding on outer limb so that distribution of 50% flux to outer limb is ensured.

I shall be thankful if somebody can help me to decide

i) current rating of compensating winding

ii) calculate % impedance from HV to tertiary and LV to tertiary by classical formula.

Regards
      Sreelatha

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Hamid

1-For the purpose of illustration it is possible to put some typical values on the booster arrangement of Figure below. This might be required to provide a phase shifting capability of 18

Sreelatha

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your reply. You have given the impedance calculation for normal arrangement. But I wanted the calculation of impedance between windings placed on different limbs. Kindly help me in this regard. Thanks & Regards Sreelatha

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.