Home » Topics » English riddles » Wiring and Cabling » Wiring Riddle No.7 – Cable Size

Wiring Riddle No.7 – Cable Size

• Creator
    Topic
    Khalid Ameen

What is the suitable cable size in mmsq or AWG to hook up a generator to my home?···
      I want to hook up a portable generator to my house in case of utility power outage. The lodas are 4 Air conditioners each of 1Ton (6.8Amp), 12 electrical fans, 2 Refrigerators, and 20 lamps eah of 60Watt.
      The generator is single phase, 220V, the rated current is 36Amps, 50Hz, max.power is 8000 watt and the rated power is 6500 watt. .
      What will be the suitable cable size required to connect this generator to the home wiring through a disconnect switch? And what is maximum A/Cs to be running at the same time? in otherwords, what are the appliances to be runnig at the same time?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Hamid

Obviously your important challenge is good load demand estimation for cable sizing. The important step in the planning of low-voltage switchgear installations consists of drawing up a power balance for each distribution point. Here, one needs to consider the following:

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.