Home » Topics » English riddles » Electrical Measuring » Measuring Riddle No.8 – Power factor correction

Measuring Riddle No.8 – Power factor correction

• Creator
    Topic
    Asad Ali

let suppose we have one Main distribution board with incoming breaker TP 40A , having two motors 10 kw Each as a load…

let suppose we have one Main distribution board with incoming breaker TP 40A , having two motors 10 kw Each as a load…
      according to motors we have two TP 20A breakers on outgoing of the Distribution board and one breaker of 20A TP for capacitor bank of (10KVAR) so we have total three outgoing breakers..
      let suppose, i switch off the outgoing breakers for the motors… now only main breaker and one outgoing breaker for capacitor bank is switch on..
      please tell me what will be the power factor on the power factor regulator at no load????

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Hamid

Power factor regulator should be fed from incoming current transformer generally. Therefore the regulator will detect the load with lead power factor in mentioned case and will send an open command to capacitor bank circuit breaker related to regulator setting.

can you please tell me how it will go towards leading side if we have no loading condition means our load current is zero so KW=0 power factor=kw/KVA

Hamid

For inductive or capacitive loading we can write: KW =0 Cos?=0 ?=90

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.